October is a busy month for workplace safety in Australia. Along with National Safe Work Month, October is also nationally recognised as Defibrillator Awareness Month. Both initiatives go hand-in-hand to send an important message to employers and operators: know your obligations and equip your workplace with effective safety measures at all times.
In keeping with this month’s Safe Work theme: “Sharing safety knowledge and experience benefits everyone", Brenniston will be making Australia safer by discussing the important stats and facts around defibrillator use.
Did you know…?
- Research suggests survival from a sudden cardiac arrest is reduced by 7-10% every minute the person does no receive defibrillation. 1
- Between 2015-2016, Victorian Urban Centres Localities had an average ambulance response time of 12:06 minutes. 2
- Sudden Cardiac death rates have not declined in Australia at the same rate as other heart-related deaths. 3
- Around two busloads of Australians die from sudden cardiac arrest everyday. 4
- Automated External Defibrillators, also known as AEDs, offer untrained users a chance to shock an abnormal, or non-beating heart, back into normal rhythm.
- AEDs provide heart rhythm analysis along with voice commands to guide users through the process. In simple terms, they're lifesavers.
Having a defibrillator on hand saves lives. Defibrillator Awareness Month is a time to carry out a risk assessment of your workplace and install a defibrillator.
This October, Brenniston is offering special pricing on defibrillators and accessories. Click here to download the Defibrillator Awareness Month flyer, and call Brenniston Customer Service for product information and special pricing on 1300 730 079.