Workplace First Aid - Environmental Action
At Brenniston, we take our environmental responsibilities seriously.
We're taking pro-active climate action by offsetting our carbon emissions through Greenfleet’s native reforestation program.
Greenfleet is a leading not-for-profit environmental organisation committed to protecting our climate by planting native, biodiverse forests that capture carbon emissions and help fight the impacts of climate change.
Since 1997, Greenfleet has planted over 9.6 million trees across 500 forests in Australia and New Zealand.
As they grow, Greenfleet forests absorb carbon emissions, improve soil and water quality, and restore habitat for native wildlife, including many endangered species.
Brenniston's partnership with Greenfleet is two-fold:
- Our Brenniston National Standard Fleet Offset Program covers our 12 work vehicles, offsetting a total of 59.10 tonnes of CO2 emissions annually.
- Through our Brenniston National Standard Workplace First Aid Kit Offset Program we donate $1 for every Brenniston National Standard Workplace First Aid Kit purchased on our website or via our retail partner, Officeworks. Since July 2021 we've offset 1,663 tonnes of carbon, which is equivalent to:
- taking 347 average cars off the road for a year, or
- offsetting 2,495 return flights between Melbourne and Sydney, or
- covering the carbon emissions of 68 people living in Australia for a whole year!
Soft plastic recycling
Many of our local and imported first aid components arrive in our warehouse shrink-wrapped or packed in soft plastic. This is an unavoidable by-product of the warehousing, manufacture and distribution sector.
We partner with Melbourne-based Australian Paper Recovery to collect our clear soft plastic waste for processing and recycling into a composite product for future re-use.
We love pre-loved boxes!
Our veritable fortress of pre-loved cardboard boxes changes shape daily as first aid supplies arrive at and leave our facility.
These boxes are used to securely pack and safely ship 99% of our customer orders around Australia.
We also use them to store first aid stock and production materials throughout our pick, pack and despatch areas.
Using pre-loved boxes saves time, space and expense, offers us a wide range of shipper and storage solutions and - most importantly - avoids using tree products and the associated resources needed to manufacture new boxes.
General workplace recycling
Like many Australian workplaces we recycle cardboard, office paper, ink cartridges and kitchen consumables, as is our corporate responsibility.